I proclaim now, in the sight of my gods and my kin, that I will not succumb to my mental illness.
I will never hurt myself again. I will not kill myself. I will continue to live, in defiance. I will hold my head high and I will love myself.
I will pound at the black of my sky until the heavens crack and the Sun shines upon me once again.
Dua Bast! Hail to Life!
hey guys! i pretty much got a job today pending a drug test and references. the thing is, one of my jobs was really shitty and i quit without notice. i could really use some good vibes my way! thank you so much.
and if you’d like in exchange i could give you free tarot readings in exchange. :)
- Get off Tumblr. (I know, it’s hard.)
- Direct your browser to Google.com.
- Choose the main keywords of your question. For example, “what is calendula good for in witchcraft?” might be parsed as “calendula witchcraft magickal correspondences”.
- Hit enter.
For more in depth research, try these sites:
- JSTOR.org, if you have access to it.
- Online public library catalogs to find books. (Search your county and “public library.”)
- Amazon Kindle. It can be put on your computer for free, there is a Cloud Reader online and a free smartphone app. Filter by price and you can find witchcraft and occult ebooks for free through a few simple searches.
- Google Books for the same purpose. (There is a shit ton here, btw, I use it all the time.)
- Scribd.com for the same purpose.
- Cornell University online witchcraft collection.
- Hermetic.com for public domain magick texts.
- Sacred-texts.com for all sorts of neat shit.
- Alchemy-works.com for magickal lore on plants.
Some tips to aid in research:
- Use your browser’s bookmarks.
- Use the Amazon wishlist to keep track of titles, or to keep an eye on titles that are occasionally offered for free on Kindle.
- Cross reference with lots of sources to keep on top of the BS.
- Dirty experience/field work is better than reading/book work.
Mkay? After you’ve done all that, come back and ask about what you still can’t find. (Trust me, you’ll find most of it, if not all and more.) You have no fucking excuse to be on Tumblr asking about the basics of paganism or what such and such plant does for witchcraft, or how to summon demons. Harassing people for basic knowledge gets you nowhere. There is so much out there even just online. You do not need the newest, shiniest books by the most popular authors. You do not need to attack people when they tell you to go research on your own. The information is right fucking there. Now go get it.
This spell is great if you’ve been through a really stressful time lately and want to get back to a normal pace of things.
- Two purple candles (or any other color that represents balance)
- A mirror
Place the candles in front of the mirror and light them. Look at yourself in the mirror and think about your situation and how you will get things to go back to normal.
Then chant the words:
I was, I am, and I will be!
Repeat these words for as often as you wish.
(Source: 2013 Witches’ Spell-A-Day Almanac — Spell by James Kambos)
Note: I just want to say that you shouldn’t rely on just the spell to fix things, you have to make an effort, as well.
IT IS NEVER OKAY TO INSULT SOMEONE ELSE’S GODS DIRECTLY.
Disagree with Them. Decide Their worship is not for you. Disapprove of Their instructions to Their followers. Dislike Their religion.
But don’t you EVER insult Them or call Them stupid or mock Them.
They are Gods, and They are the center of someone else’s religion, a religion which probably means the world to that person. You have no right to say things like (and I am quoting exactly) “Diana is completely stupid.”
If you don’t want me coming up to you and telling you your deity is a fucking idiot or an asshole or insert insult here, do not fucking do it to other people. This goes for branches of paganism you don’t agree with, and it goes for Abrahamic religions as well.
There are people out there who owe their lives to these deities. I owe my life to mine, multiple times over. These people love and cherish their deities, and to insult their Gods would hurt them greatly.
So don’t fucking do it.
Because if you do, you deserve to be punched in the face.
This isn’t the kind of spell you’d put on someone whom you hate but maybe someone who’s toxic to you and really just needs to fuck off somewhere else for a while.
- Load up MapCrunch. Yes we’re going to find the airport. Well, maybe. This can also be done by Google maps if you want the destination to be specific. I usually don’t care where my target goes so long as it’s elsewhere.
- Create a poppet stand in of the person that just needs to go the fuck away. For this I drew my victim’s clothing and face on a small pencil in Sharpie. You’ll see why I chose a pencil in a second.
- Pick a place you want to send them. This can be fun and creative. If you want someone to go far away and they hate cold weather, send them somewhere cold. Or maybe you just want them to leave the fucking country. Whatever. Pick a place. Just mark where the airport in in that location. (Use either MapCrunch or Google Maps for this)
- Now pull up where they live. I use Google maps in a different web browser tab for this. The more specific the better but shit, even the city will work. Start them there and find the airport (or a boat, train, bus terminal, whatever.)
- Move them from where they live to the airport then switch to the airport of the location you’re sending them and finally the destination you chose following the roads if you aren’t sending them by air.
- Usually during this I’m chanting something along the lines of:
”[Name] I see you here and I want you gone.
Take a trip, take a journey,
Take a boat, car, or plane
I don’t care
Just get the fuck over there”
Now this spell can also be used to motivate travel for you or for someone else. The words can be different but the concept the same. Pull up your house, use the maps to demonstrate the trip you’d take. I’d also combine that with a money and/or luck spell so you can afford said travel or maybe the travel won’t be for negative reasons.
A stray cat in Bulgaria